Tuesday, March 6, 2012

recent realizations

1.  It is really important to do what you love often, in some capacity.  If you can't find a way to do what you love as a career, make sure you find time everyday to do it for yourself.  This really is applicable to all hobbies or passions.  I try to find time to write in some capacity everyday, and more recently I have started to practice my French everyday.  Although I think may neighbors are starting to think I'm crazy because I recite French phrases while doing the dishes with the window open.  Yikes.
2. Please, find time to disconnect.  I know this is going off of one of my realizations last week but really, nothing annoys me more when a friend checks-in everywhere we go throughout the day.  Keep it on the dl!  It gives us all an heir of mystery that we need!
3.  If you don't say thank you to people who open doors or hold elevators for your, you're a jerk.  
4.  There is nothing that will make you laugh more and at the same time be so grateful for what you have than watching old home movies.  It brings a joy about that is unmatched by most any other form of nostalgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment