Tuesday, February 28, 2012

recent realizations

1.  There's no rush in growing up.  Sometimes I overhear teenage girl conversations and I just want to interrupt them and tell them to slow down, because adulthood isn't all that it's cracked up to be so they should take their time!!  With that being said though, being an adult doesn't mean fun is lost either.  It seems to be a balance, and it's always good to humor your inner child.
2.  Girls need girlfriends.  I've always been a girl to have more male friends than female friends, but my female friendships are always the most meaningful and deep relationships I have.  Plus, I'm lucky to have come across some pretty special ladies.
3.  Woah, coffee is my savior.  I know I've said this before, but seriously.  I will never turn down a cup of fresh coffee when I go to someone's house.  So shut up about that tour and get to brewin!!
4.  People who are obsessed with their cell phones sicken me.  Don't lie, they sicken you too.  I have an iPhone but I'm certainly not in love with it.  Sure it makes things in my life a bit easier and it has some really convenient features, but I still feel relieved when I leave my cell phone at home some days.  Really it's a good feeling.  So put down your phone and talk to your friend that is directly in front of you.  Also, all those times you are texting a dumb boy, there is probably a cute one walking right past you and you didn't even notice.  Ha!
5.  Sometimes insomnia is a good thing.  For example, when I can't sleep I plan outfits for the week.  Sleepy stylist.  

No comments:

Post a Comment