Tuesday, February 21, 2012

recent realizations


  1. Thread count is serious business.  I used to be one of those people who said "F*** that, I'll just buy some cheapo sheets from Ikea, who cares right?" WRONG!  I just bought 600 thread count sheets and its like I'm sleeping in butter. Never going back.
  2. Sometimes less is more.  Who knew that if I just cooled it on the fancy products I use on my face that my skin would just relax on its own.  Way to go skin!  NOTE: this "less is more" thing does not apply to rings, coffee or french fries.
  3. Lately, nothing makes me happier than cooking a super yummy meal for my friends.  Turns out I'm really good at this.  Why am I single again?
  4. Don't fight your femininity!  I am a strong, independent woman and heck I don't need anyone telling me what to do (maybe this answers my question above).  But even on days where I'm feeling that crummy I just want to wear leggings and a t-shirt feeling I instantly feel better when I add a little feminine flare to my look.  Wavy hair, a little lipstick or some sparkly earrings...it all helps!
  5. Seriously think before you say something mildly racist/offensive/exclusionary.  You really never know who is around you, even if you think you are the bomb at reading people's ethnicity.   I'm talking to you lady in front of me at checkout in Target!

No comments:

Post a Comment