Friday, September 9, 2011

coffee talk

.

Coffee talk. Real talk. Every morning I crawl to my desk and start my work. The feeling of "oh god, can I make it through this day? I just want to be outdoors doing something fun!" constantly running through my head. I go over in my mind how pointless an office job feels. And then I have my morning coffee. My morning coffee saves me from being that I hate everything my job, my hair today someone give me a hug girl. After my morning coffee, I feel like I can conquer the world. Or the pile of work on my desk. Same thing.
Anyways, I know I'm not alone in this feeling because I don't think Starbucks' success is due to their ability to hire cute baristas and sell CDs we have had on our iPods for months. It's because coffee makes you feel like a superhero. Okay, I don't go overboard. I literally only have one cup of coffee a day, and on the weekends maybe two (but the second is only in social situations, I swear). I don't buy all those crazy seasonal drinks, I stick to my lovely dark roast coffee each day. Without coffee I probably wouldn't have finished college, wouldn't be a job applying machine, and definitely not gone into the field of journalism (although at this point, it's basically aspiring).
And don't you hate those idiots who say things like "I've been off coffee for five months, and all I drink is Green Tea. I feel so much better." Shut up! No one likes Green Tea more than coffee, and if they do I'm pretty sure they're a communist. My point is this, even if you don't have super serious things to complain about (you know, compared to all the awful things going on in the world), coffee will make you forget about all the things you do feel like complaining about, and push you to shut the fuck up about "wah wah this sucks" and actually DO something about it. Trust, I wasn't even going to write this blog post until my cup of coffee pretty much told me to. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment